One of the most popular widgets on iOS is “Weather Widget Always Showing Cupertino”, released by Craig Hockenberry. It can be downloaded from Cydia for free. If you are looking for something similar to the iPhone weather widget, this one is perfect! Unlike regular weather widgets where there’s only one source (usually Yahoo!), this widget takes weather data from many sources and shows it in a compact manner.
- – Shows your current weather on your lockscreen.
- – Temperature in the status bar.
- – Forecast for five days ahead that can be easily swiped to go forward or backward.
- – Temperature in the homescreen and status bar. The temperature shown is automatically updated from “Weather Widget Always Showing Cupertino” as
- -The small forecast area at the top of the screen is customizable – you can set your favorite temperature unit – Celsius or Fahrenheit – as well as choose whether to show humidity, feels like temperature (wind chill), dew point, and the time for sunrise and sunset.
- -The large area at the bottom can display 15 different cities with their current conditions, high/low temperatures, wind speeds, chance of rain, etc. You can set any of these to use your desired unit type (Celsius or Fahrenheit), the language you prefer the text to be in, you can hide the number of hours since the last rain, and you can also show or hide icons for cloud cover, wind speed, and chance of rain.
- -There is a section above the large area that shows: the date and time (either in 12 or 24 hour format), your current location’s weather condition, humidity, dew point, pressure (inHg or mbar), wind speed, wind direction, chance of rain, and visibility.
- -The weather conditions are automatically updated. Depending on your provider, you’ll either get updates every 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes… etc., or every hour. This is customizable via the settings menu for this widget.
- -Your location is determined using GPS. If you want to use another location, just tap on the bottom left of the screen and search for it.
- -It will work on all iPhones running iOS 4 or later as well as iPads (iOS 3.2 or later).
- -You can choose between Metric and Imperial units of measure: Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- -You can choose the number of hours since the last rain for which you want to be shown in the large area at the bottom of your screen.
- -You can also show or hide icons for cloud cover, wind speed, and chance of rain if you want.
- -To keep things as easy to read as possible, the temperature shown in the status bar and homescreen is rounded to two decimal places.
- -The time for sunrise and sunset can be hidden if you want.
- -The large area at the bottom of your screen is fully customizable – you can set your favorite temperature unit – Celsius or Fahrenheit – as well as choose whether to show humidity, feels like temperature (wind chill), dew point, and the time for sunrise and sunset.
- -It works in both portrait and landscape mode.
why is cupertino on my iphone?
Weather Widget Always Showing Cupertino is a free jailbreak tweak available in Cydia that replaces your current weather widget with Craig Hockenberry’s Weather Widget. Why do you go to the trouble of jailbreaking your iPhone to install such a common Apple application? Because this update adds several much needed features to the native iOS weather widget.
Shows your current weather on your lockscreen. – Temperature in the status bar. – Forecast for five days ahead that can be easily swiped to go forward or backward. – Temperature in the homescreen and status bar.
Craig Hockenberry’s iOS weather widget is one of those jailbreak tweaks that will make your iPhone feel like a brand new phone. The updates improves the already great native weather widget by adding several much needed features and making it even more useful. If you’re an iPhone owner, install this free Cydia app as soon as possible.
What is the concept of zooming
The Best Way to Remove Blinds
Stay productive on the go with the iPad