While many games already have sound functionalities, some of them only work with a single microphone or just not at all. The discord developers are aware of this and are working on fixing the issue. While there is no timeline for when it will be fixed, here’s what you can do to help make sure your voice isn’t lost in the noise.
The “discord randomly can’t hear anyone” is a problem that has been present for a while. There are multiple fixes to fix this issue, but one of the most common fixes is to update your drivers.
On Discord, you can’t seem to hear anyone? You’re certain your microphone and audio output device are set up properly, but you still can’t hear your buddies yelling? We’ve got your back!
Without a question, Discord is the most popular program for in-game messaging among PC gamers. Want to play like the professionals and enjoy a more immersive gaming experience? To take your team to the next level, you’ll need to enhance your Discord communication abilities. Have you ever seen a CDL match? Try watching one of the “Inside the Comms” videos on YouTube produced by Call of Duty League’s official channel, and I’m sure you’ll see how crucial communication is.
Can’t seem to get a hold of anybody on Discord? Why?
There might be a few reasons why you can’t hear someone on Discord. It might be as simple as a random glitch in the Discord app interfering with web communication, or it could be that your microphone has stopped working. Whatever the cause of your inability to hear voices in Discord, we’ll show you how to repair it at the conclusion of this tutorial.
Follow the steps in the order they’re listed. If the problem is resolved halfway through the tutorial, you won’t need to complete the remaining stages. Please let us know which step resolved the problem for you in the comments!
Before attempting any of the remedies listed in a troubleshooting guide, always restart your computer. We have a lot of how-to articles on here, and one of the most popular pieces of advise is to restart your computer before proceeding with the steps to resolve a problem.
The operating system will clear transient cached files and corrupt data that may have caused Discord to misbehave after resuming.
Image courtesy of Discord
Legacy Audio Subsystem Configuration
Because the output is not patched through to the device if there is a compatibility problem between the hardware connected to your PC for audio output and the Discord software, you will hear nothing.
Reverting Discord’s setup to utilize the Legacy Audio Subsystem might sometimes resolve the incompatibility problem. Here’s how to go about it.
- Open the Discord application.
- Go to user settings by clicking the ‘Cog’ symbol.
- In the box that shows up, click the tab that reads ‘Voice and Video’ under ‘App Settings.’
- Scroll down to the ‘Audio Subsystem’ option, which will be accompanied by a drop-down selection.
- Select ‘Legacy’ from the drop-down option and click ‘Okay’ to implement the modification you just made.
The Discord app will be closed after changing the audio system, and the new configuration will be implemented. The audio problem should be resolved when relaunching Discord.
If you can’t hear someone on Discord, change your default communication device.
For Discord compatibility, your chosen audio output and input devices should be specified as default communication devices.
Here’s how to alter your Discord’s ‘Default Communication Device.’
- In the taskbar, right-click on the ‘Sound’ icon.
- A new window will display after selecting the ‘Sounds’ option.
- Choose an audio device.
- Look for the ‘Set Default’ option and choose it.
- Verify that the right device is chosen from the drop-down option.
- Moving on to the communication equipment, choose the finest microphone for your needs.
- To make the changes take effect, click ‘Apply.’
- Click ‘OK’ to close the window.
You should try it! Fixes for Fortnite Not Starting in Windows 10 That Actually Work
Select the Output Device Properly
If you haven’t properly chosen the audio device inside the Discord app, you may have audio output troubles. On Discord, here’s how to choose the right audio output device.
- After starting the Discord client, go to ‘User Settings’ and look for the ‘Voice and Video’ option, just as you did with the prior repair.
- The ‘Voice Settings’ header will include two choices. The right output device will be selected, and this choice is placed next to the ‘Audio Input’ option.
- To dismiss the ‘Settings’ window after selecting the right device, hit the ‘Esc’ key on your keyboard.
If you can’t hear anybody, refresh Discord.
When you reload the app, Discord will check for the newest patch, which may occasionally resolve audio output difficulties.
On Windows 10, here’s how to refresh Discord. Before completing an app reset, ensure sure you’re connected to the internet.
Press the CTRL+R keys after starting Discord and having the program’s window on your screen, and the app will shut down on its own.
Check the status of Discord servers in your area by clicking here.
After shutting down, Discord’s temporary cache files are cleaned, and a version check is performed to ensure that you are using the most recent version of Discord. If an update is available, it will be downloaded and applied to the application, which may take some time.
Check to see whether the audio output problem still exists after reloading Discord.
Don’t forget to have a look at this one! 5 Ways To Get Free Xbox Live Codes That Aren’t Scams
Sound Drivers Should Be Updated
If your audio driver is faulty, you may have problems with sound output in Discord or any other program.
Reinstalling the audio drivers is often all that is required to resolve audio output difficulties on Discord. Reinstalling the audio driver might take some time, so while the system is upgrading, get yourself a cup of coffee.
- Launch devmgmt.msc from the Start Menu to get to the Device Manager section.
- Locate and delete your audio device’s driver under the ‘Sound, video, and gaming controllers’ category.
- After you’ve completed the uninstallation, scan for hardware changes, and the most recent version of audio driver for the device associated to your system will be downloaded.
- Check to check whether the problem remains after restarting your computer.
Watch This Video-
The “why can’t i hear anyone on discord 2021” is a problem that has been around for a while. This article will show you how to fix the issue now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why cant I hear anybody on Discord?
A: You may not be connected to the server. Check your router settings or try turning off voice chat in-game and restarting Discord app.
How do I fix my Discord sound?
A: Unfortunately, Discord does not offer support for the platform. We suggest that you contact their help desk in the event of a specific issue or if you are experiencing general troubles with your account.
Why cant I hear my friend on Discord mobile?
A: This is due to Discords mobile app, which only supports voice communication. In order for your friend to be able to hear you they would need a microphone of their own, or one in the same device as yours.
- can’t hear anyone on discord mobile
- discord can’t hear other person but they can hear me
- discord can’t hear anyone reddit
- can t hear bots discord
- how to revert to legacy audio on discord